Certificate Course in Wound Care Intensive 3-Day Boot Camp with Hands-on Simulation from Kim Saunders
Duration:16 Hours 07 Minutes | Format:Audio and Video
Wound Tissue Assessment & Treatment
- From your assessment, determine the cause
- Considerations across the disciplines to support the healing goals
- Special consideration for tendon or bone exposure
- Tips for the non-healing tunneling/undermining wound
- What can go wrong with wound care measurements
4-Step Approach to Guide Wound Product Selection
- Wet vs. dry
- Depth vs. flat
- Antimicrobial concerns?
- Need wound barrier from incontinence?
Practice Guideline Recommendations
- Pressure injuries, shearing
- Friction, MASD, MARSI, skin tears
- Venous, arterial, neuropathic
- Surgical wounds
- When is it time for a referral?
- Documentation strategies to avoid a costly mistake
- Determine arterial insufficiency via bedside ABI
- NPWT complicated & special etiology considerations
- Staging pressure injuries, measuring, documenting, & treatment recommendations
- Compression wrapping
- Diabetic foot ulcer off-loading with pixel sole & reusable shoe
- Demonstrate pouching options for leaking tube sites & EC wound fistulas
- Case review: Critical thinking on the most challenging wounds
Wound care is a specialty for a reason. Correct etiology assignment, diagnostics, treatment, and referrals are essential pieces of knowledge in the successful management of wounds. Kim Saunders will break down the latest information coming out of practice guidelines and research for you during this intense 3-day training opportunity. Your practice will be elevated as you incorporate the current best practice standards into patient care.
The hands-on sessions simulate clinical competencies to address the evolving challenges of wound care. You will have the time to critically think through patient scenarios to determine what went right… and what went wrong. In this safe learning environment, you can feel comfortable asking questions of a national wound care expert. We guarantee that you will leave with countless new skills to improve your assessment, documentation, and treatment of wounds.
Three days of intense learning about the complexities of wound care will transform the way you provide care, increase your confidence and eliminate your fears. Don’t delay… register today before this class hits capacity and the opportunity to earn your certificate in wound care is gone!