Complex Trauma and Shame by Janina Fisher
This course will make even your most complex trauma clients easier to treat…
World-renowned trauma expert and author Dr. Janina Fisher developed a comprehensive online training course — specifically for fellow clinicians like you — that’s filled with today’s most effective somatic interventions for treating complex trauma.
These body-oriented interventions, which are based on sensorimotor psychotherapy, directly address the underlying causes of post-traumatic stress to help clients break free from past trauma and thrive in life.
In the course, you’ll see compelling, real-life in-session videos of the interventions and techniques in practice, plus you’ll learn the underlying neuroscience that explains how and why they are effective — to help you better assess trauma symptoms and improve your treatment plans.
And as a free bonus when you register today, you’ll also get access to a special bonus video on overcoming shame and self-loathing in the treatment of trauma.
Don’t miss this opportunity to advance your trauma treatment approach and your practice with a truly integrative understanding of somatic interventions.
In this transformational online training course, Janina Fisher, PhD will provide in-depth training on neurobiologically informed trauma treatment and sensorimotor psychotherapy. You’ll be prepared to integrate somatic interventions into your practice to address trauma-related challenges such as:
- Dysregulated autonomic arousal
- Overwhelming affects and sensations
- Intrusive images and memories
- Impulsivity and acting out
- Dissociative phenomena
- Numbing and disconnection
- The Neurobiological Legacy of Trauma and how the mind and body react to threat and danger
- The Nature of Traumatic Memory and how the “body keeps the score” (van der Kolk)
- Neurobiologically Informed Trauma Treatment to regulate the nervous system and restore a “witnessing self” by reframing symptoms and avoiding self-defeating stories
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, tracking the body as a source of information and using body-centered treatment techniques
- Mindfulness and Neuroplasticity in practice to differentiate thoughts, feelings and to better interpret body experiences
- Challenges of Trauma Treatment and secondary symptoms such as anger, aggression, self-harm, depression, anxiety
- Therapy as a Laboratory for the Practice of New Actions to dis-identify with the symptoms and develop a new language and story
- Somatic Resolution of Traumatic Events using somatic resources to address symptoms, repair and transform the traumatic events, rather than merely re-processing, to create internal safety and to feel safe with others