Google Analytics Setup Mastery from Paul Koks
This self-paced course will walk you through every step in auditing and improving your Google Analytics setup. From setting up a solid measurement strategy to fixing critical issues and collecting useful data based on proven Analytics strategies.
So that you can make smarter data-driven business decisions and improve your KPIs.
This course suits you if…
- You are relatively new in this field and want to put in the work to gain in-demand skills.
- You want to get the most out of your Google Analytics setup.
- You want to improve the KPIs for your organization or clients.
- You (want to) offer audits and setups as a service or need to provide reports to your clients.
- You want to polish your Analytics skills and keep your knowledge up to date.
Here’s a breakdown of the modules:
Module 1: Measurement Plan
- Identify your “Why” and set up a measurement plan first.
- The role of business objectives, goals and KPIs.
- Several examples to get started or improve your existing measurement plan.
Module 2: Tracking Code
- The basic tracking code and different options for implementing it.
- Tracking code enhancements.
- How Google Analytics and cookies work.
- Recommended tools to perform tracking code scans.
Module 3: Account Setup
- How to define a Google Analytics account structure that best fits your organization.
- Best practices for the account, property and views setup.
- Introduction to filters and recommendations on how to get started.
- How access rights work, including strategies to protect your data and collaborate in the best possible way.
Module 4: Campaign Tracking
- Master the ins and outs of campaign tracking.
- How to recognize and solve campaign tracking issues.
- How the campaign timeout setting can make or break your data insights.
Module 5: Event Tracking
- Introduction to event tracking.
- Best practices for event tracking structure and how to demystify it.
- What you should know about interaction and non-interaction events.
- Event tracking and Google Tag Manager.
- How to automate (parts of) the event tracking setup.
Module 6: Conversions
- Why you need macro and micro goals.
- Deep-dive into setting up goals and funnels.
- How to define meaningful goal values.
- What you should know when using goals and ecommerce at the same time.
- Best practices for enhanced ecommerce implementation.
Module 7: Data Integrity
- Ten data integrity checks that everybody should do.
- How to identify crucial data integrity issues.
- How to fix data integrity issues.
Module 8: Integrations
- How to enhance your insights with several Google product integrations.
- Best practices for configuring the most common integrations.
- The role of non-Google product integrations.
Module 9: Advanced Configurations
- Deep-dive into regular expressions and advanced filters.
- When and how to set up subdomain and cross-domain tracking.
- Content grouping and how to set it up for behavioral analysis.
- High-level optimization with default channel grouping.
- Why and how to best define calculated metrics for your organization.
Module 10: Advanced Measurements
- Virtual pageviews vs. events.
- How to enhance your data and insights with custom dimensions and metrics.
- How to get the most out of the custom data import function.
- Step-by-step guide to get started with remarketing.
- User-ID in Google Analytics.
- 70 Video lessons (7 hours) – intro module and ten core modules all in bite-size lessons.
- Quizzes – enhance your learning experience with challenging quizzes after each module.
- Additional resources – further your skills in directly related areas.
- Bonus resources – additional course material, section expands over time.
- Private LinkedIn community – ask your burning questions, connect with peers.
- Course certificate – real-life Google Analyics audit exam to test your new skills.
- Life-time access – learn and revisit the material when it suits you best.
- Free updates – all future updates to the course are included.