Improving Balance, Ocular Motor Function with Concussed Athletes from Robert Donatelli
The Relationship Between Performance and Ocular Motor Function
- What system is used for Ocular motor functions?
- When do we use the ocular motor system in sports?
- What are the benefits of rehab?
- Indications and contraindications?
The Effect of Head Concussion on the Balance Systems
- Importance of balance in sports
- Rehabilitation concepts in neuromuscular rehab
Evaluation Tests that can Pinpoint Which System has Deficits
Exercise Programs for Athletes
- Perturbation exercises
- Ocular motor exercises
- Dynamic Visual Acuity vs Static Visual Acuity
In this dynamic recording from the renowned Robert Donatelli, PT, PhD, learn how to actively treat post-concussion symptoms and return your patients back to sports, reaction, and life. With a mixture of video and lecture, you will review the pertinent anatomy and function of the vestibular system with emphasis on ocular motor function and balance training.
Examine how concussions effect the vestibular system and ocular motor system with athletes in relation to their performance, particularly with Cervicogenic Vestibular Dysfunction. Walk away with the proper evaluation tests that can pinpoint which system – somatosensory, vestibular, and vision – has deficits and treatment techniques that can lead to improved performance on and off the field.