Improving Visual Processing at Any Age from Cathy Stern
ESSENTIAL VISUAL SKILLS FOR SCHOOL, WORK, PLAY, AND MORE
- Eyesight vs. visual processing?
- Our two-track visual system
- What is it?
- Where is it?
- Eye tracking, focus flexibility, and eye coordination skills
- Building up visual stability, visual stamina, and speed of processing
VISION DIRECTS ACTION
- Can my hands and feet do what my eyes see?
- Reduced falls, accidents, and sports injuries
- Faster recovery from concussion and brain injury
COMMON FUNCTIONAL VISION DISORDERS
- Oculomotor dysfunction
- Accommodative instability
EXPERIENCE THE EFFECTS OF IMPERFECT VISUAL SKILLS FOR LEARNING
EXPERIENCE THE IMPACT OF VISUAL PROBLEMS ON EVERYDAY PERFORMANCE
CUTTING-EDGE VISION SCREENING – A HANDS-ON LEARNING OPPORTUNITY
- Visual Screening Tools for:
- Visual tracking
- Focus flexibility
- Depth perception
- Go beyond vision acuity
BENEFITS OF THE MULTIDISCIPLINARY TEAM
- How to refer
- Who to refer
- What they can do for my patient
VISUAL BRAIN TRAINING
- Techniques you can apply now!
- Ways to enhance visual tracking and convergence
- New techniques to improve visual processing and visual integration
- Enhancing processing speed, attention, visual memory, and sensory integration
- How to apply the concept: Think Faster, Learn Better, Work Smarter
Hidden Visual Processing Problems: Think Faster, Learn Better, Work Smarter
Vision is more than 20/20 eyesight. Optimal visual processing helps us see more, think faster, and attend longer. Enhancing visual processing is key to improving learning and performance for school, work, play, and activities of daily living. How can we build up visual processing to learn faster and work smarter? How can we assist those recovering from concussion/brain injury?
This workshop will help you better understand visual processing, allow you to experience the effects of non-sight related vision problems, and introduce you to a program of visual skills testing and visual brain training. The program uses easy-to-learn techniques that you can integrate into your current therapies and use to enhance therapeutic success.