The Peace Ambassador Training 2.0 by Philip Hellmich & Emily Hine
Discover the leading-edge practices and tools you need to cultivate peace and healing in your heart, family, community and our world.
Includes Training Sessions With These Visionary Peacebuilders:
And Bonus Recorded Sessions With:
We aim to empower 10,000 Peace Ambassadors to help create a major shift towards peace in our world. It’s time!
With The Peace Ambassador Training 2.0, you have an extraordinary opportunity to discover how to experience true inner peace, transform challenging relationships and heal social wounds.
If you’re like us, the news for the past year has been very difficult. The escalating violence in the Middle East, the many terrorist attacks in cities all over the world, and the number of mass shootings are devastating to witness and hard to understand.
They are all connected to a fundamental lack of understanding in humanity of how to create a culture of peace and heal the roots of violence.
These events stem from a fundamental lack of understanding of how to create a culture of peace and heal the roots of violence.
Studies show that peace begins in our mind and hearts, builds in our families and schools — and ultimately manifests in less and less violent cultures.
To be part of the solution, we have to start looking at our own culture first. Our society’s propensity toward violence is reflected in bullied children, abusive families, fear-ridden schools, broken marriages, toxic work environments and warlike politics.
We need change… and soon.
It’s time to move beyond damaging conflicts and find ways to co-exist peacefully together… so that we can co-create a beautiful future where EVERYONE feels safe and can thrive and prosper.
To succeed, we need to awaken to our highest potential as peacebuilders and take meaningful action, each in our own way.
The skills of cultivating personal peace, transforming conflict, and healing individual and social wounds are at the core of creating a healthy, vibrant, peaceful and sustainable world.
And that is why we have created The Peace Ambassador Training 2.0, which has been called one of the best online peace trainings available. It is now reaching a new level of excellence with our “2.0” upgrade by bringing in the science of mindfulness and cutting-edge tools you can apply in your daily life, with your family and community.
Receive Life-changing Wisdom
It’s essential for us to constructively and peacefully handle our differences, however it’s shocking that so few of us receive the skills for how to do so.
That’s why we have such a violent culture; we simply aren’t skilled at training people for peace, even though all of us want to feel safe and secure.
It doesn’t have to be this way — we can live peacefully and joyfully in our hearts and with each other — fostering harmonious families, schools, communities and even political cultures.
This IS our future, if enough of us dare to create it.
By participating in this extraordinary training, you’ll become part of a conscious, healing and inspiring community of Peace Ambassadors around the world — some of the most dedicated beings you’ll ever meet! There are currently over 1,000 Peace Ambassadors in 40+ countries.
These are people, who, like you, are committed to creating a life which radiates positive peace and is contributing to a world without violence at any level.
The esteemed course faculty and participants will help you open your heart, clear your own history of damaging conflict or abuse, expand your knowledge of effective new paradigms for transforming conflict, and help you to become a beacon of peace.
You’ll be inspired by their stories, evolve from their practices and take heart from their examples, while adding to a “next generation peace movement” that is grounded in deep inner change and committed to outer action.
With the right training and tools you CAN make peace the new baseline for your life and contribute in making profound shifts across the globe.
And with the guidance of our world-renowned faculty, you’ll receive the most essential insights, cutting-edge ideas, resources and strategies to become an authentic ambassador of peace and healing in your community and in our world.
Instead of merely wishing or hoping for positive change to happen, you’ll know HOW you can make a significant difference.
Awakening the Presence of Peace in You
When we talk about becoming a “peacebuilder,” we don’t mean becoming some kind of passive daydreamer.
We are talking about empowering yourself to become an embodiment of the awakened presence of peace, a protector of the innocent, and a heart-based “warrior” of genuine love, truth and justice for one and all.
We all know world peace starts with inner peace. The Peace Ambassador Training 2.0 is designed to take you on a journey of building the inner foundation of peace so you can be peace while powerfully acting for peace in our world. Our brilliant faculty will show you how to become an emissary for a deeper kind of global healing.
Over the course of 12 modules, you’ll be guided in a step-by-step process — which includes cultivating genuine inner peace, healing personal and collective wounds, communicating peace, working with others to create community peace, and more.
The original Peace Ambassador Training came from the vision and passion of James O’Dea, the former President of the Institute of Noetic Sciences and the former Director of Amnesty International in Washington, DC.
Philip Hellmich and Emily Hine are taking James O’Dea’s original design and making it more accessible, relevant to current concerns, and focused on the practical skills you need to transform conflict in yourself, your family and community. They have built the Peace Ambassador Program 2.0 into something unprecedented by drawing upon leading-edge compassion and mindfulness practices.
The transformation that comes from peacebuilding can liberate your heart, mind and soul from negative patterns, resistance and fear — allowing you to become a more radiant and healing light in the world.
This training is for you if you’re ready to…
- Experience a deeper sense of peace, calm and resilience in facing day-to-day challenges
- Act from a place of inner peace and wisdom instead of reactivity
- Help heal personal and collective wounds — and are open to discovering new ways to do it
- Dissolve the walls around your own heart, so you can come to genuine forgiveness and healing around past wounds and teach others to do the same
- Communicate in a healthy way that brings people, families and organizations together to work and collaborate on solutions more effectively
- Integrate your spiritual practice with practical peacebuilding action
- Receive a comprehensive peacebuilding blueprint that gives you the essential skill set and tools of a social leader and healer
- Discover your highest role and take steps to manifest it in the world
Participate in a Historic Movement
We at The Shift Network have set a bold goal of training 10,000 Peace Ambassadors. To make this happen, we are calling peacebuilders like YOU, to be part of a global movement to promote peace and play a role in exciting and practical global initiatives.
We’re partnering on numerous initiatives including:
- One Billion Acts of Peace by 2020: with PeaceJam, we’ll aim to inspire 1 Billion acts of peace by 2020
- 1000 Cities of Peace by 2020: with International Cities of Peace, we’ll work together on creating 1000 cities of peace by 2020
- International Day of Peace 2020: Our goal is to help make this annual United Nations event the largest celebration of peace in global history
- Be the Movement: The Peace Alliance’s initiative is aimed at growing a movement of 1 million strong for peace, bridging personal peace with legislation for peacebuilding
- Promoting global compassion education alongside Stanford University’s Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education (CCARE) , The Charter for Compassion, Compassionate Cities and The Compassion Games
With the skills learned in The Peace Ambassador Training 2.0, you’ll be fully empowered to participate in these and other initiatives — while savoring peace in your heart, your family and community!
How The Peace Ambassador Training 2.0 Works
The Peace Ambassador Training 2.0 is a powerful 12-step journey into the heart of embodying and acting for peace.
We will start with mindfulness and inner peace as the foundation for all our work together. We will then go through successive steps of moving outward — learning how to heal personal and collective wounds, communicate peacefully and organize for peace.
Every guest faculty member — offers specific skills, insights, practices and strategies for that step of the journey. Each session will build on the previous one as we systematically go from inner peace to outer action.
The Peace Ambassador Training 2.0 is also The Shift Network’s certification process for leaders in The Summer of Peace, a global network of events and activities promoting the shift to a culture of peace. During the training, you will develop and hone a vision for how you can play a peacebuilding leadership role in this significant global event and initiatives building towards the year 2020. We’ll also offer many ways for you to apply your skills through our broader network.
During The Peace Ambassador Training 2.0 Certification Program, you’ll discover ways to:
- Connect the inner and the outer — tapping into your essence and acting from a place of personal alignment to affect real outer change
- Apply mindfulness practices to cultivate a deep sense of calm and to transform how you deal with conflict
- Leverage the heart’s intelligence to transform negative emotions and to access your higher wisdom
- Enrich and strengthen personal relationships by learning compassion practices based on ancient wisdom and modern science
- Cultivate listening and dialogue to co-create a culture of peace in your family, workplace, organization or community
- Increase your capacity for more authentic, positive and effective cross-race relations
- Identify and heal old wounds in yourself and with loved ones, colleagues and community members
- Radically forgive yourself and people who have harmed you, freeing yourself of negative emotions
- Stand in the fire of opposing views and feel whole as well as hold space for others to do the same
- Connect with an inspiring network of peacebuilders, friends and allies around the world
- Manifest your greatest qualities in service to humanity’s emergence
- Play a significant role in global peace initiatives and celebrations
Watch this short video of Peace Ambassador graduate Mutima Imani sharing how the training can impact you:
What You’ll Discover: Course Overview
The training will offer you an immersive experience in building skills with today’s top peace leaders and is divided into 4 pillars:
- Mindfulness, Inner Peace & Resilience
- Healing Personal & Collective Wounds
- Communicating Peace
- Mastering Systems Change & Organizing for Peace
Each pillar is supplemented with bonus recordings from renowned guest faculty to provide additional wisdom on each step of the peacebuilding journey.
Emily and Philip bring the material to life by integrating the guest faculty teachings into a cohesive map for peacebuilding, from the personal to the planetary.
You’ll also have practices, readings and assignments that deepen your experience of the material and put you into close collaboration with other training members from around the world.
Mindfulness, Inner Peace & Resilience:
The sessions in Pillar 1 will help you cultivate mindfulness, an inner awareness that supports emotional, psychological and spiritual wellbeing — the foundation for inner peace that is essential for all Peace Ambassadors.
Session 1: The Science of Mindfulness & Inner Peace (Recorded November 30, 2016)
Guest Faculty: Richard Miller, PhD
In this session, you’ll discover:
- The latest neuroscience that’s informing our understanding of mindfulness and meditation — how these ancient practices change our biochemistry and very DNA
- Mindfulness practices to help you:
- Release negative emotions and thought patterns
- Calm your nervous system
- Build resiliency to reduce stress and increase wellbeing
- Develop your capacity to respond effectively to the challenging circumstances you encounter in life
- Research-proven tools and resources to assist you, your peers, family and community
- How meditation can help you with the often negative “talking voice in your heads” so you can discover and embody deep, immense and unchanging inner harmony and peace of mind
Guest Faculty: Richard Miller, PhD is the founder and president of the nonprofit educational Integrative Restoration Institute.
The Integrative Restoration Institute (IRI) provides programs and trainings on how to live a contented life, free of conflict and fear, through their offering of teachings that help open your mind and body to its inherent ground of health, wholeness and wellbeing. iRest Meditation, IRI’s special offering, is being utilized in VA hospitals, military bases, hospitals and clinics, hospice, homeless shelters, community programs and schools worldwide.
Session 2: The Heart’s Intuitive Intelligence
A Path to Personal, Social & Global Coherence (Recorded December 3)
Guest Faculty: Deborah Rozman, PhD
In this session, you’ll discover how to:
- Increase resilience by improving your ability to “bounce back” and cultivate the powerful inner energy reserve that can make life easier during times of dynamic change
- Trust the heart by learning the research revealing your heart’s role in sending and receiving essential information for living a healthy, fulfilling life
- Cultivate heart intelligence by enhancing and accessing the powerful intelligence of your heart to rise above problems, even in the midst of chaos and confusion
- Engage the global heart by learning about research that suggests we are all connected by and live in the reflected energy of our hearts, with our emotions affecting the earth itself
Guest Faculty: Deborah Rozman, PhD is a business executive, serial entrepreneur, psychologist, author and educator. Since 1990, she has been founding Executive Director of the nonprofit Institute of HeartMath and Executive Vice President of HeartMath LLC.
HeartMath is the world’s most influential scientific organization focused on the powers of the heart. Deborah will share how you can harness your heart’s power for intuition, joy and less stressful living.
Session 3: Inner Peace & Consciousness
The Foundation for All Peace (Recorded December 7)
Guest Faculty: Sister Jenna
In this session, you’ll:
- Experience your true Essence — a state of being beyond any name, title, gender or role
- Understand consciousness and how it creates the world we envision
- Explore the essence of soul, higher consciousness and how our actions take us to where we are
- Discover how our past actions can shed light on why we find ourselves in situations, either on a personal or collective level
- Examine how we can change our story and become masters of who we believe we were born to be
- This provocative conversation will challenge the way you see yourself and the world around you!
Guest Faculty: Sister Jenna is a spiritual leader, author, radio talk show host, renowned speaker and founder and director of the Meditation Museum I & II in metropolitan Washington, DC and director of the Washington, DC branch of the Brahma Kumaris, a worldwide organization with over 8,500 branches in 120 countries. She was selected as one of the EBW 100 Most Influential Global Leaders and served as a principal partner with the Oprah Winfrey Network and Values Partnerships on the Belief Team, a community of individuals from diverse spiritual, cultural and faith backgrounds.
Pillar 2: Healing Personal & Collective Wounds
The sessions in Pillar 2 will focus on giving you the skills to transform personal wounds and collective trauma in order to create personal and social transformation and significant evolutionary change.
Session 4: How Mindfulness Can Transform Racial & Other Forms of Bias (Recorded December 14)
Guest Faculty: Rhonda Magee, JD, MA
In this session, you’ll discover:
- Research on how mindfulness practices can help you focus, give you greater control over your emotions, and increase your capacity to think clearly and act with purpose — specifically when working with racial or socioeconomic differences.
- Compassion practices which can serve as powerful aids in the work of decreasing bias.
- Mindfulness-based “ColorInsight” techniques that can increase your actual capacities — not only for acting in less biased ways — but also for making more authentic, positive and effective cross-race relationships in these resegregated times.
Guest Faculty: Rhonda Magee, JD, MA is Professor of Law at the University of San Francisco. She is the former Chair of the Board of the Center for Contemplative Mind in Society, a current member of the Board of the Center for Mindfulness and of the Project for the Integration of Spirituality, Law and Politics, and a contributor to Mindful.org and to the Greater Good Science Center.
Session 5: Radical Forgiveness (Recorded December 21)
Guest Faculty: Colin Tipping
In this session, you’ll discover:
- Radical Forgiveness technology — its theory and applications
- Practical tools to forgive yourself and people who have caused you pain and harm
- Techniques to shift your consciousness about what is happening in the world — to help you see the divine purpose in it and come to peace with it
- Methods to raise planetary consciousness and hasten the emergence of world peace by using the Radical Forgiveness technology
Guest Faculty: Colin Tipping, is Founder and Director of the Institute for Radical Forgiveness Therapy and Coaching, Inc., andauthor of Radical Forgiveness: A Revolutionary Five Stage Process for Finding Peace in Any Situation. He is the creator of what has come to be recognized as one of the most powerful leading-edge technologies for personal and spiritual growth today — Radical Forgiveness.
Session 6: Compassion, Inner Peace & Common Humanity (Recorded December 28)
Faculty: Emily Hine
In this session, you’ll discover:
- How recognizing suffering in yourself and others is the first step in healing your inner and interpersonal wounds
- The ways which the science of compassion illustrates we can nurture compassion for ourselves, loved ones, strangers — and even perceived enemies
- Turning towards suffering is the key to releasing our wounds
- Why embracing common humanity is essential in healing collective global wounds
Faculty: Emily Hine is the co-lead faculty of The Peace Ambassador Training 2.0, CEO of HineSight Consulting, and a Mindfulness, Peace and Compassion Teacher. She is a Certified Compassion Cultivation Training Teacher from CCARE, Stanford University. Emily is also an inspirational writer and speaker.
Pillar 3: Communicating Peace
In the sessions and practices in Pillar 3, you’ll advance in the art of skilled communication for yourself, family, community and world. You’ll learn the latest in peacebuilding, conflict transformation, social discourse and dialogue.
Session 7: Nonviolent Communication An Interpersonal & International Approach to Peace (Recorded January 4, 2017)
Guest Faculty: Roxy Manning
In this session, you’ll discover:
- An authentic, compassionate connection with others using Nonviolent Communication (NVC) techniques
- How to identify and communicate your feelings and needs so you can interact more effectively even when triggered
- Ways to use your inner dialogue and self-compassion as strategies to help you communicate peace internally and externally
Guest Faculty: Roxy Manning, PhD, Executive Director of BayNVC and Lead Trainer of BayNVC Leadership Program, is a licensed clinical psychologist and Center for Nonviolent Communication Certified Trainer. In addition to supporting clinicians and others seeking to improve their ability to serve clients from diverse backgrounds, Roxy has worked directly with programs and people working towards social change in international settings — including supporting former rebel soldiers working for grassroots peace organizations in Sri Lanka and artists seeking to contribute to greater acceptance of homosexuality in Japan.
Session 8: Completely Connected (Recorded January 11)
Guest Faculty: Rita Marie Johnson
In this session, you’ll discover:
- A method of connecting to yourself and others that accelerates your personal, spiritual and professional growth which taps the synergy between your empathy and insight to efficiently process the challenges and celebrations of your life
- How empathy is attained through a conscious connection to feelings and needs, and insight is accessed through heart-brain coherence
- How the powerful partnership of empathy and insight extinguishes your triggers and takes advantage of your best intelligence
- A practice to feed your hope that we can create a connected world in every arena of life
Guest Faculty: Rita Marie Johnson ’s book, Completely Connected: Uniting Our Empathy and Insight for Extraordinary Results, is a Nautilus award winner in Psychology and an Amazon bestseller. Her method is taught in spiritual communities as the BePeace Practice and to secular audiences as the Connection Practice. It’s being taught at the United Nations University for Peace in Costa Rica and is receiving accolades from students from around the world for its universal appeal across multiple cultural contexts.
Session 9: Bridging the Cultural Divide (Recorded January 18)
Guest Faculty: Waidehi Gokhale
In this session, you’ll discover:
- The emerging field of Virtual Exchange
- Common perceptions that Islamic and Western youth have about each other
- Insights on how to become aware of your biases towards people of other cultures
- Techniques to help shift your perspective of people of other cultures
- Basic tools for facilitating dialogues and ways you and your community can participate in Virtual Exchange programs
Guest Faculty: Waidehi Gokhale, Executive Director of Soliya.
Soliya is a pioneer in Virtual Exchange, working with 100 universities in 28 countries across the Middle East, North Africa, South Asia, Europe and North America. Soliya’s programs are helping bridge Islamic and Western youth through facilitated online dialogues. Soliya’s programs have inspired new legislation in the United States to encourage more Virtual Exchange in universities and colleges across the country.
Pillar 4: Mastering Systems Change & Organizing for Peace
In the Pillar 4 sessions, you’ll hone your understanding for how to create systemic change. You’ll also discover models of community-building and collaboration so you can choose how you want to apply your training as a Peace Ambassador in the world.
Session 10: Change the Story, Change the Future (Recorded January 25)
Guest Faculty: David Korten, PhD
While we are witnessing global environmental devastation, social and economic injustice, and violence, we are also experiencing an emergence of movements focused on creating a new system of institutions, policies, and initiatives guided by new stories of hope and possibility.
David Korten writes, “We are in the midst of a deep shift in human consciousness. The work of our time is to learn to live in alignment with the structures and processes of Living Earth. If we step back, we can discern the outlines of an emerging interracial, intercultural global-scale social movement — an inclusive intersectoral movement of movements — converging on a trajectory toward a Living Earth future.”
While the issues we face can seem overwhelming, David Korten invites us to help shift the prevailing cultural story by exploring the stories that live in our hearts, inform our politics and media choices, and guide the missions of the institutions/organizations we depend upon and care about.
In this session, you’ll discover:
- The realities of the economic and environmental challenges facing the planet and examine the underlying paradigms that have created these crises
- Insights on the emerging movements that are raising up a new living Earth narrative and actively displacing the old, destructive economic system with community-based solutions
Guest Faculty: David Korten, PhD Visionary, Systems Thinker and Author of Change the Story, Change the Future: A Living Economy for Living Earth, Agenda for a New Economy: From Phantom Wealth to Real Wealth, When Corporations Rule the World, and The Great Turning.
Session 11: The 21st Century Peace Ambassador as Evolutionary Leader & The Summer of Peace (Recorded February 1)
Faculty: Philip Hellmich With Special Guests
As the course draws to a close, we will bring in several special guests who model the leadership characteristics of an evolved peace leader — qualities we’ve learned about throughout The Peace Ambassador Training 2.0. These special guests will share how they’ve applied their skills in their own peacebuilding organiza