User Research Mastery from Sarah Doody
30 days to understand your customers, make smarter product decisions, and grow your business.
Do you feel disconnected from your users?
- Is getting buy-in for research a struggle?
- Are you tried of your team “guessing” about which features to build?
- Do you want to use data to drive product and design decisions..
- Are you overwhelmed trying to figure out where to start when it comes to actually doing research? Tried of all that Googling?
- Do you struggle to figure out how to do research without slowing down the development process?
Do more user research & usability tests so you can create a product customers love.
User Research Mastery
A step-by-step blueprint to help you and your team do user research interviews and usability tests.
Here’s what you’ll learn in User Research Mastery:
How to get buy in for user research from executives and stakeholders.
How to decide what to research and which method to use.
What to write in a screener so you can talk to the right research participants.
⭐️ How to find research participants on your own or with a recruiting firm.
What you must have in a discussion guide and interview script.
How to make sense of & present your research findings.
How to integrate research into your UX process.
How to make research a habit and not a one time thing.
I’m Sarah Doody, nice to meet you!
Before you ask,
YES this is my real hair!
- 2015: Founded The UX Notebook, a weekly UX email and education collective focused on helping people learn how to think like a designer.
- 2012: Went full time as self employed with my own UX consulting business.
- 2011: Co-created curriculum for and taught General Assembly’s first ever 12-week User Experience Design course.
- 2007: Moved to NYC to get started in the roller coaster world of tech startups.
Preview & Course Trailer (4:08)
Welcome!! Please watch this first (3:54)
How to set yourself up for success (7:03)
Course Community & Slack Tour (7:15)
Office Hours (aka “UX Research Happy Hour”)
Intro Video (1:32)
Lesson 01: Why research matters & how to get buy in (18:42)
Lesson 02: Types of research (16:47)
Lesson 03: The research process (20:32)
Your Mission: The practice project for this course (8:44)
Intro Video (1:27)
Lesson 01: How to identify your research goals (34:43)
Lesson 02: What are strategy interviews (12:16)
Lesson 03: What are usability interviews (10:49)
Lesson 04: Adapting research for your timeline and budget (19:03)
Business online course
Information about business:
Business is the activity of making one’s living or making money by producing or buying and selling products (such as goods and services).
[need quotation to verify] Simply put, it is “any activity or enterprise entered into for profit.
It does not mean it is a company, a corporation, partnership, or have any such formal organization, but it can range from a street peddler to General Motors.”
Having a business name does not separate the business entity from the owner, which means that the owner of the business is responsible and liable for debts incurred by the business.
If the business acquires debts, the creditors can go after the owner’s personal possessions.
A business structure does not allow for corporate tax rates. The proprietor is personally taxed on all income from the business.