Yoga, Mindfulness Therapy from Michele D. Ribeiro
Neuroscience of the Mind-Body Unity
- Your responsive nervous system: Neuroplasticity and neurogenesis, and how to activate the brain for change
- Mind-body link: How the mind changes the body and the body changes the mind to transform
- Networks of interaction and influence: Mirror neurons and attachment
- How yoga breathing, mindfulness, and meditation bring balance and wellbeing to dysregulated nervous system and a troubled mind
Mindfulness and Yoga as an Evidence-Based Clinical Intervention:
A Holistic, Mind/Body Approach
- Unifying by intention: One with your true being in mind, body, and spirit
- Top-down: Harness the healing power of thought
- Bottom-up: Use the body and the breath to activate the vagus nerve for calm and balance
- Horizontal: Cross modalities and hemispheres to work around defenses and elicit new potentials
Find Courage from Anxiety, Fear, and Panic
- Turn from fearful anticipation of the future to the mindful present
- Quickly reduce heightened anxiety with moving meditations
- Breathing to reverse the fight, flight, freeze stress response
- Reset the nervous system to find a calm, confident balance
Posttraumatic Growth: A Journey to Transform Trauma
- Convert implicit memories from the source of pain to a resource for strength
- Create an internal safe sanctuary
- Meditative breathing to develop self-regulation and inner control
- Resonate with inner strength: Mantra and posture practice
- Elicit the brain’s natural capacity to heal through the mind-body link
- Nurture compassion for self and others
The Path from Depression
- Reconnect the disconnect between frontal and limbic areas in depression to stop unproductive ruminations
- Four-Step method to observe and detach from negative thoughts that elicit depression
- Develop non-judgmental awareness
- Breathing and body meditations to balance energy
- Leave the past by living in the present moment
- Mindful attuning to your radiant deeper nature
- Gratitude meditations to nurture a positive life
Rewire the Compromised Reward Pathway in Addiction
- Detach from drugs
- Go beyond pleasure and pain
- Soothe with comfort practices
- Mindful acceptance
- Develop a healthy and wise inner compass
- Find joy from life itself in the present moment
Yoga and mindfulness are based in the idea that you can cultivate a healthy, happy life by intention, using mind-body meditative methods.
Recent neuroscience research indicates that these evidence-based practices change the brain in ways that help overcome anxiety, depression, trauma, and substance abuse. Learn an integrative approach to mind, body, spirit healing using the natural, built-in capacity to think, sense, move, and feel in the present moment.
Practice interventions with Michele D. Ribeiro, EdD, CGP, experienced yoga and mindfulness teacher, clinician and researcher. Learn how to help your clients regulate their emotions, clarify their thinking, and lessen physical discomforts. Deepen the therapeutic relationship as you awaken your healing presence and empower yourself and your clients to make better choices.
You will come away from this recording with a clear understanding of the neuroscience behind these practices, a profound experience for yourself, and new techniques and protocols for your therapy sessions to improve client outcomes.
More information about Medical:
Medicine is the science and practice of establishing the diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
Medicine encompasses a variety of health care practices evolved to maintain and restore health by the prevention and treatment of illness.
Contemporary medicine applies biomedical sciences, biomedical research, genetics, and medical technology to diagnose, treat, and prevent injury and disease,
typically through pharmaceuticals or surgery, but also through therapies as diverse as psychotherapy, external splints and traction, medical devices, biologics, and ionizing radiation, amongst others.
Medicine has been around for thousands of years, during most of which it was an art (an area of skill and knowledge) frequently having connections to the religious and
philosophical beliefs of local culture. For example, a medicine man would apply herbs and say prayers for healing, or an ancient philosopher and physician would apply bloodletting according to the theories of humorism.
In recent centuries, since the advent of modern science, most medicine has become a combination of art and science (both basic and applied, under the umbrella of medical science).
While stitching technique for sutures is an art learned through practice, the knowledge of what happens at the cellular and molecular level in the tissues being stitched arises through science.